Why Are NFTs the One Bright Spot in the Crypto Markets?
Avid NFT collector Aftab Hossain (aka @iamDCinvestor on Crypto Twitter) discusses why OpenSea and NFT volumes are popping to start 2022, how LooksRare’s vampire attack is a good thing for the NFT market, and how royalties affect a project’s trading potential. Show topics:
- why Aftab thinks NFT floor prices are rising and what role NFT “flippers” have to do with his theory
- whether the NFT industry could continue growing even if fungible crypto assets enter a bear market
- how the LooksRare vampire attack on OpenSea works
- why people are wash trading NFTs on LooksRare
- why Aftab would choose to list NFTs on LooksRare over OpenSea
- whether LooksRare’s vampire attack will force OpenSea to decentralize and/or tokenize
- what sort of NFT projects should have royalties… and which projects shouldn’t
Thank you to our sponsors!
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/iamDCinvestor
- LooksRare vampire attack + wash trading:
- LooksRare: https://twitter.com/LooksRareNFT
- LooksRare vs OpenSea data: https://dune.xyz/hildobby/LooksRare-VS-OpenSea
- NFT volume to start the year: https://cryptopotato.com/opensea-records-over-2-billion-in-trading-volume-early-in-2022/
- OpenSea metrics: https://dune.xyz/rchen8/opensea
- Fred Ehrsam tweet: https://twitter.com/FEhrsam/status/1370414944265572353
- The Chopping Block: https://unchainedpodcast.com/the-chopping-block-why-the-crypto-markets-have-been-down-this-week/
- Nas NFTs:
- OpenSea IPO rumors: https://decrypt.co/87701/opensea-ipo-criticism-crypto-ethereum-token
- SushiSwap vampire attack: https://www.theblockcrypto.com/post/76419/uniswap-fork-sushiswap-700-million-total-value-locked
The post Why Are NFTs the One Bright Spot in the Crypto Markets? appeared first on Unchained Podcast.