Crypto Philanthropy: How to Donate to Make Real-World Impact
Some of the biggest names in the crypto industry discuss their personal giving philosophies, how blockchain technology could change the dynamics of giving to charity, and which crypto projects are making a lasting real-world impact. Guests include Haseeb Qureshi, managing partner at Dragonfly Capital; Caroline Ellison, co-CEO of Alameda Research; and Arthur Breitman, co-founder of Tezos. Show topics:
- the definition of effective altruism
- why Haseeb thinks crypto is the best industry for effective altruism
- how Haseeb and Arthur differ in their philosophy of doing good
- why blockchain technology is less important than liquidity when donating money across borders
- whether Axie Infinity is making a real-world impact
- why Arthur thinks Axie’s impact will be short-term and not sustainable
- whether people should donate now versus later
- Haseeb’s and Arthur’s thoughts on how giving changes people
- what people working in crypto can do to give back
Thank you to our sponsors!
- https://www.givedirectly.org/unchained — all donations made here will be matched! There are $50,000 in matching funds available!
- Caroline Ellison
- Haseeb Qureshi
- Arthur Breitman
- Effective Altruism
- Code to Inspire
- Pineapple Fund
The post Crypto Philanthropy: How to Donate to Make Real-World Impact appeared first on Unchained Podcast.