Asia-based crypto exchange Zipmex secures $41M USD in Series B funding
Zipmex, an Asia-Pacific-based cryptocurrency exchange with offices in Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, and Australia, today announced that it has secured over USD $41 million in its Series B funding.
This marks a milestone for Zipmex, which has seen multiple companies taking an interest in this round. The Zipmex team welcomes new investors including the Bank of Ayudhya’s corporate venture capital arm, Krungsi Finnovate, who has joined as an investor. Further, Plan B Media Public Company Limited and Master Ad Public Company Limited have also made a commitment in this Series B funding
- Aside from its crypto trading platform, Zipmex has focused on expanding the ways in which its users can spend and earn rewards via their own Zipmex token (ZMT).
- The exchange’s “earn” products include ZipUp — an account with daily payouts of up to 8% APY, and ZipLock – a fixed-term earnings account with APY up to 14% plus bonuses for ZMT holders.
- ZipSpend is a payment solution for businesses looking to accept cryptocurrency. It has already facilitated several regional firsts in luxury vehicles, art, and property transactions.
- This month, Zipmex announced the Zipmex Card, a Visa-payment card to be launched later this year.
- On top of these core offerings and coming soon, ZipWorld will enable users to redeem exclusive lifestyle products and access one-of-a-kind experiences and rewards using the Zipmex token (ZMT). Lastly, Zlaunch will give users early access to investment tokens on the Zipmex exchange.
“We’d like to thank the almost 1M registered users who have joined us so far. This funding will allow us to continue to build out the Zipmex ecosystem to bring more value, experiences, and innovative products to our community.”
– Marcus Lim, CEO & Co-Founder of Zipmex
The post Asia-based crypto exchange Zipmex secures $41M USD in Series B funding appeared first on CryptoNinjas.